By Yosi Anunson, Account Supervisor
In the search industry it is widely known and expected that Paid search offers the best returns and this expectation is true even in a slowing economy… why is this?
Geoff Ramsey, the CEO at eMarketer, recently hosted a webinar, "7 Strategies for Surviving the Downturn" which I attended. In this webinar the 7 points he highlighted are helpful tips to keep in mind when we are thinking about our Marketing plans going into 2009.
- Accountability: Track how online effects offline
- Keep doing search: All research companies have double digit gains for search in the coming year
- Don’t ignore the power of branding online (branding, display and sponsorships): Only 30% of the chief marketers considered that offline impact of online advertising
- Stay close to the consumer: A huge push on the social media. Pick the right community for your target and add real value. Regular media messages aren’t going to work. Share the love by tapping into coveted influentials and create a community. Consumers #1 trust is word of mouth about a brand
- Engender Trust: Trust is SO important for brands
- Engage with online video
- Test… Test… Test some more
Companies may also want to look into other strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), display ads, online PR, mobile ads and affiliate marketing to maintain reasonable marketing investment returns, he added.
2009 should be a very exciting year for all of us in the search world!